Bringing patients the best of both worlds.
Abutments are connectors placed on or built into the top of a dental implant, connecting the implant to a replacement tooth. These connectors are a key part of any implant prosthetic, playing a key role in the final look of an implant.
- Stock Abutments, also called standard abutments, are pre-manufactured abutments, made by dental implant companies to fit an existing implant system. Mass-produced and fitted to the implant, these dental stock abutments are cost-effective but are not custom-fit to the patient. This means that though the implant is less expensive, the result can vary in aesthetic appearance.
- Smart Abutments, or fitted abutments, are custom-made abutments, created by a dental laboratory using an impression of the individual’s mouth. This data, as well as the position of the implant, is then used to create a custom abutment that fits perfectly into the patient’s implant and gum line, bringing optimal aesthetic results, albeit with a higher price tag.
- Pre-milled Abutments, are manufactured as custom abutment that perfectly fits for ET Fixture with reliable connection structure and superior connecting accuracy compared to non-genuine to reduce the chance of screw loosening and fracture. Also, line up for various devices (Fixed abutment type to fit into device’s jig) and connection structures for various Implants.
Stock Abutments Abutments are connectors placed on or built into the top of a dental implant, connecting the implant to a replacement tooth. These connectors are a key part of any implant prosthetic, playing a key role in the final look of an implant.
Smart Abutments The SmartFit Abutment from Hiossen® Implant is a customized abutment designed with CAD/CAM technology. Simply send your specifications to Hiossen and we’ll send you a Smart Fit Abutment perfectly suited to your patient’s needs.
Pre-milled Abutments Pre-milled abutment can be used for the construction of abutments, realized in a custom manner and suitable for each patient, treating final dental restorations or temporary teeth.
Benefits of Custom vs. Prefab Abutment
- Custom abutments help improve the outward appearance of crowns, improving aesthetics substantially over many prefab options.
- Custom abutments improve the support and fit of crowns, reducing the incidence of food impaction.
- CAD/CAM-milled abutments are more expensive but result in fewer dental issues in the long term.
- Cases where implant insertion angle is not ideal. The maximum correction for this issue is 30 degrees.
- Cases where gingiva is irregular or deep enough to reveal the abutment.
- Implants for upper front teeth often require a custom abutment, as the gum is thin around that area and the titanium can show through.