Prospective Comparative Study of Tapered Implant with SA Surface at Maxillary Posterior Area According to Loading Time : 3 and 6 months
By: Kyo-Jin Ahn, Young-Kyun Kim
The aim of this study was to evaluate prospective clinical results of tapered implants with SA surface which was installed at maxillary posterior area and loaded 3 months after implant placement.
Patients & Methods:
- From November 2009 through September 2010
- Implant : TSIII SA (Osstem, Seoul, Korea)
- Site : Posterior area, Maxilla
- Group classification : Loading time
- Test group (3m) : 3 months after placement / – Control group (6m) : 6 months after placement
- Hard tissue evaluation : Periapical view (6 months, 12 months after loading) / – Stability : ISQ (Osstell mentor)
- Soft tissue evaluation : AG (attached gingiva) / – PI (Plaque index) / – GI (Gingival index) / PD (Pocket depth) : Buccal (B), Mesial (M), Distal (D), Palatal (P)
- Prosthetic evaluation / Crown – Implant ration (C/I ratio) / – Opposite occlusal arch status / Occlusal gap : Controlled by Shimstock (8 ) and Acufilm (27 ) articulating paper
Within this limitation of short-term evaluation, we achieved favorable clinical results as follows that tapered implants with SA surface can be used as which is placed at maxillary posterior area and followed 3-months loading protocol.